Try SuperMemo for 30 days free.
French for Travel
Language of instruction:
A free course for travelers.
Are you an English speaker looking for a concise French phrasebook? With the French for Travel course, you will learn 800 most basic French expressions that are useful for every tourist. The course comprises 800 typical words, phrases and sentences that will help you communicate in French in the most important everyday situations during your stay abroad, be it for pleasure, studies or business.
First, you familiarize yourself with a presentation that shows a selection of new expressions, together with French recordings and translations into English. Then, you practice the new material in simple question-and-answer exercises. Our French phrasebook for English speakers is fully equipped with recordings by French native speakers in both exercises and presentations, and supplemented with English recordings in all the exercises.
The French for Travel course is divided into 4 main chapters:
• Basic expressions (e.g. greetings, introductions and numbers)
• Travelling (e.g. going through the procedures at the airport, buying a ticket at the railway station, renting a car, travelling by taxi)
• Accommodation (e.g. checking in and out at the hotel, visiting a camping)
• Food (e.g. ordering food at a café or restaurant, booking a table, and understanding the menu)
The learning process in our French phrasebook is based on the excellent, multiple award-winning SuperMemo method of spaced repetition. With SuperMemo, each course item is repeated at time intervals that are adjusted to your individual rhythm and progress in learning.
- Access granted to all courses
- The first month for free
- You can opt out at any time
- Make a single purchase
- Learn without limits