Extreme English contains over 45,000 English words and phrases, including basic vocabulary (Basic English collections in various language versions), technical and scientific vocabulary (Advanced English), and highly advanced vocabulary required on college exams in the United States (Power Words!).
In addition, the package includes English Grammar (exercises
for the most important problems of English grammar), Irregular Verbs (a
collection of essential irregular verb forms), and Pronunciation and Spelling
(which enables you to practice pronouncing and spelling those English words
which foreigners find the most challenging).
Words and phrases in Extreme English are presented in the form of questions and answers. In the Basic English collections, your task is to give the English translation of a phrase which is presented in German, English, Czech, Russian, Polish or Finnish, depending on your chosen language version. In Advanced English, the questions are definitions of English words. In the Power Words! collection your task is to give an answer based on the definition or a synonym of a word.
All English texts in Extreme English are illustrated with sound recordings (American pronunciation). You can record your own pronunciation and compare it with the pronunciation of the speaker. The recordings in Basic English are illustrated with both British and American pronunciation.
Extreme English is equipped with a voice control system which recognizes English voice commands. It can be used to activate program options and control the training process without using the keyboard. You can use headphones for maximum convenience.
The Extreme English training content, coupled with the functionality of SuperMemo, is a perfect way to learn English words and phrases. By making regular reviews, you can keep previously learned information in your memory and concentrate on learning new vocabulary.
Extreme English features:
- available on DVD, contains over 45,000 English words and phrases, covering all difficulty levels from basic through highly advanced
- presents vocabulary in the form of questions and answers with definitions, usage examples or synonyms
- run by user-friendly Multimedia SuperMemo ideally suited for less computer-savvy users
- supports voice-controlled learning (keyboard-free and mouse-free operation)
- vocabulary is organized by subject, including life, culture, science, economics, and other areas
- in the Basic English collection, you can choose between the British and the American pronunciation
- Origins of Extreme English: Advanced English
- Build your vocabulary with SuperMemo (Wozniak, Biedalak, Spotlight 1996)
- Archive: Advanced English help
Extreme English at SuperMemopedia
You can add your own views and comments and see what others think of Extreme English: