Options dialog includes the following tabs:
- Learning - options affecting the learning process such as: speed of learning, window layout, sound feedback, etc.
- Data access - options affecting access to data and options in SuperMemo such as: CD-ROM path, difficulty level, system editability (e.g. read-only, learn-only, full-access, etc.), password, etc.
- Appending - options that affect the way new elements are added to the collection such as: appearance of items, place in the knowledge tree where items are added, etc.
- Language - localization options such as: language to which the current collection is translated, SuperMemo interface language, strings used in translating the interface, etc.
- Mouse - interpretation of mouse behavior. For example, when components are edited or translated, etc.
- SuperMemo - other options such as: background image, interface font, etc.
Global options of SuperMemo are
stored in the file sm8.ini in SuperMemo subdirectory bin.
Options pertaining to the current collection are stored in the file ks.ini in collection subdirectory (named in the same way as the collection).