These are the most prominent components of the main window:
- Caption - shows the name of the currently used collection. If you want to see the full path to your collection open the contents window, e.g. by clicking Contents on the element window's navigation toolbar (the path is displayed in the caption of the contents window)
- File submenu contains options for managing the files of a SuperMemo collection such as creating a new collection, deleting a collection, recovering from damage to files, etc. It also makes it possible to choose between Basic, Beginner and Professional levels
- Edit submenu contains editing options such as: add element, delete element, edit element, etc.
- Search submenu makes it possible to search for texts, files, elements, etc.
- Learn submenu contains learning options such as Random learning
- View submenu makes it possible to view subsets of elements in element browsers (e.g. memorized elements, difficult elements, outstanding elements, etc.
- Tools submenu contains various tools such as Options, calendar of repetitions, repetition rescheduling tools, statistical tools, etc.
- Window submenu makes it possible to conveniently arrange windows on the SuperMemo desktop
- Help submenu contains options that can be useful to learn more about SuperMemo: this help, Question of the Day, direct connections to SuperMemo Website and e-mail addresses to SuperMemo technical support
- Speedbar - contains a series of speed-buttons that duplicate some of the functions of the menu and make it possible to quickly execute most often used operations. To see the function of individual buttons pause the mouse pointer over the button and read the hint (you need Window : View : Hints checked)
- Toolbar - contains some often used tools such as the date-picker, clock, stop-watch, ClipBoxes for copying elements and components, etc.
- Status bar - contains most often used learning statistics and a hintbar on which hints are displayed (e.g. at the moment you pause the mouse pointer over a button or a menu item
Frequently Asked Questions
(Thomas Clark, USA, Nov 24, 1997)
Why doesn't SuperMemo remember the size of individual windows? It has to be changed on each running the program!
Please save your windows layout with Window : Save as default (Ctrl+Shift+F5).