View : Special : Filter can be used to find all element meeting a specific set of criteria such as the number of repetitions, number of memory lapses, length of the current interval, status (memorized, pending, or dismissed), type (item or topic), etc.
The following fields can be used to select the minimum and the maximum values that fall into the searched range:
- Repetitions - number of repetitions made with a given element
- Lapses - number of times a given element was forgotten
- Interval - number of days between the last repetition and the next repetition
- Last repetition - number of days between the first day of the learning process and the last repetition date (see Tools : Workload to view day numbering)
- Next repetition - number of days between the first day of the learning process and the next repetition date
- A-Factor - value of A-Factor assigned to a given element
- Forgetting index - probability of forgetting a given element during each repetition
- Ordinal number - ordinal number assigned to a given element
If you do not want to use a given criterion, uncheck the check-box associated with a given field. If you do want to use it, check the check-box and specify appropriate minimum and maximum values.
The field Type and Status make it possible to find items and topics with various pending, memorized or dismissed status. For example, to find all memorized element, check Item, Topic and Memorized and leave the remaining fields unchecked.
Once you click OK, all elements meeting the specified criteria will be found and will be displayed in a browser.
Filter parameters are stored between sessions in the file <supermemo directory>\<systems>\<collection name>\ks.ini in the section [Filter].