The element window in SuperMemo displays the contents of individual elements.
These are the most prominent components of the element window:
- Element display area (in the middle of the window) which hosts components such as question, answer, video, html components, etc.
- Caption (at the very top) with the title of the currently displayed element
- Menu: File and Help. This menu is visible only at the beginner and basic level. In the professional level this menu is merged with the main menu of the main window
- Toolbars at the top of the window:
- Navigate toolbar
- buttons used in moving between elements and searching for elements
- Compose toolbar- buttons used in adding new components to the element display area
- Edit toolbar - speed-buttons for quickly modifying properties of components
- Path tab - exact location of the current element in the knowledge tree (i.e. the path of descendants in the contents window)
- Title tab - edit area for editing element's title
- Navigate toolbar - buttons used in moving between elements and searching for elements
- Learning buttons at the bottom of the window:
- Learn - repeat outstanding material and learn new material
- Add new - add new elements
- Remember - introduce the current element into the learning process
- Forget - remove the current element from the learning process
- Dismiss - ignore the current element in the learning process, i.e. remove it both from the learning process and from the pending queue
Element menu: The element window provides also a number of advanced options from its pop-up menu. To open the pop-up menu right-click over the element area (not over any of the components). If you are not sure what is the location of components or components cover all element's display area, right-click over the empty area to the right from toolbar tabs (i.e. Navigate, Compose, etc.). You can also open the pop-up menu by pressing Alt+F10
Element parameters: If you double-click the empty area to the right of the learning buttons, you will open the element parameters dialog box
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I delete an element in SuperMemo 98?
Choose one of the following:
- Edit : Delete element on the main menu
- Click Delete button in the contents window
- choose Edit : Delete on the contents window pop-up menu
- Press Del in the contents window
- Choose Delete element on the element pop-up menu
- Press Shift+Ctrl+Del in the element window
Kosowicz, Krakow, Poland, May 16, 1997)
How can I quickly copy the text of an item to another item without using clipboard twice (for question and for answer)?
Use Duplicate on the element pop-up menu (or press Ctrl+Alt+U on the copied element)