To install SuperMemo on your computer do the following:
- Order and download
- Run the downloaded file sm08inst.exe
- Unlock SuperMemo with your unlock password sent in response to your order (within a business day)
If you are a computer beginner, please read Installing SuperMemo for Beginners. You will find there step-by-step instructions for downloading, copying files, installing learning material as well as upgrading from earlier versions of SuperMemo or updating SuperMemo to the latest release build
in 5 seconds (brute force)
To uninstall, delete the folder in which you installed SuperMemo.
Remember that this will likely delete everything related to SuperMemo: collections, plan schedules, sleep timeline, etc. Deleting the folder will still leave 3-4 entries in Windows registry.
in 30 seconds (intelligent)
You can uninstall SuperMemo (without removing your learning material) if you follow these steps:
- Click Start on the taskbar, then click Control Panel from the Start menu
- In the Control Panel window, click the Add or Remove Programs category
- In the Add or Remove Programs window, in the Change or Remove Programs pane, scroll down to SuperMemo, and click the Remove button to the right
If you cannot find SuperMemo entry in the Add or Remove Programs window, use sm08unin.exe located in the SuperMemo folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\SuperMemo (Computer administrator) or C:\SuperMemo (Limited account) by default).
SuperMemo Uninstall program was designed to remove only the files that have been added at installation. It should not delete your collections, plan schedules, sleep timeline, etc.