Tools : Options on the main menu opens the options dialog that makes it possible to customize SuperMemo and the learning process. You can open this dialog in levels below the middle level with Ctrl+Alt+O (i.e. even if the Tools option is not available on the main menu).
Options dialog includes the following tabs:
- Learning - options affecting the learning process such as: speed of learning, working hours, sound feedback, etc.
- Data access - options affecting access to data: CD-ROM path, difficulty level, system editability (read only, learn only, or full access), collection password, etc.
- Language - localization options such as: language to which the current collection is translated, SuperMemo interface language, strings used in translating the interface, etc.
- SuperMemo - other options such as: background image, help system mode, etc.
- Mouse - interpretation of mouse behavior. For example, how components are edited or translated with the mouse, etc.
- Leeches - options that help you eliminate wrongly formulated items from the learning process. If you choose Wizard, all ill-structured items will open a leech manager dialog that will help you choose optimum leech processing steps
- Fonts - fonts used in SuperMemo interface, in questions, in answers, in the contents window, etc.
Global options of SuperMemo are stored in the file supermemo.ini
in the SuperMemo subfolder bin.
Options pertaining to the current collection are stored in the file collection.ini in the collection subfolder (named in the same way as the collection). Tools : Options will modify both these files depending on if the particular setting is global or collection specific