The following options can be found on the main menu of SuperMemo. Note that you have to choose middle or professional level to see the full menu (the beginner and basic levels will only display the File option):
- File submenu contains options for managing files of a SuperMemo collection. For example: creating a new collection, deleting a collection, recovering from a damage to files, etc. It also makes it possible to choose between Basic, Beginner, Middle, and Professional levels
- Edit submenu contains editing options such as: add element, delete element, edit element, etc.
- Search submenu makes it possible to search for texts, files, elements, pictures, etc.
- Learn submenu contains options for learning such as learning stages, postpone tools, random learning tools, etc.
- View submenu makes it possible to view subsets of elements in element browsers (e.g. memorized elements, difficult elements, outstanding elements, etc.)
- Tools submenu contains various tools such as Options, calendar of repetitions, repetition rescheduling tools, statistical tools, repetition timeline, Plan, tasklist manager, etc.
- Window submenu makes it possible to conveniently arrange windows on the SuperMemo desktop, choose between previously saved layouts, arrange toolbars, etc.
- Help submenu contains options that can be useful to learn more about SuperMemo: this help, Question of the Day, direct connection to SuperMemo's Website, etc.