The element window displays the learning material. At one time, you can see only the contents of one element, i.e. one "page of information".
These are the parts of the element window (from the top):
- Caption (at the very top) displays the title of the currently visible element
- Menu, visible only if the toolbar docking window is absent from your layout. The picture below does not include the menu
- Toolbar - buttons used in nagivating between elements and searching for elements (Contents, Search, History, etc.)
- Element display area (in the middle of the window) which hosts components such as question, answer, video, html components, etc.
- Learning buttons at the bottom of the window:
- Learn - review the outstanding material and learn new material (same as Ctrl+L or Learn : All stages on the main menu)
- Add new - add new items (same as Alt+A or Edit : Add a new item on the main menu)
- Remember - introduce the currently displayed element into the learning process (this button is not visible on the beginner level). Remember executed on tasks will ask you if you would like to remove the task from its tasklist
- Forget - remove the current element from the learning process (this button is not visible on the beginner level)
- Dismiss - ignore the current element in the learning process, i.e. remove it both from the learning process and from the pending queue (this button is not visible on the beginner level)
Element menu: The element window provides also a number of advanced options from the element menu. To open this menu right-click over the element area that is not covered with components. If you are not sure what is the location of components or components cover all element's display area, right-click over the element toolbar.
Element parameters: Ctrl+Shift+P will open the element parameters dialog box