Tools : Options on the main menu opens the options dialog that makes it possible to set some parameters of the SuperMemo program and the currently opened collection. You can open this dialog in levels below the middle level with Ctrl+O (i.e. even then when the Tools option is not available on the main menu)
Options dialog includes the following tabs:
- Learning - options affecting the learning process such as: speed of learning, daily workload, sound feedback, etc.
- Data access - options affecting access to data and options in SuperMemo such as: CD-ROM path, difficulty level, system editability (e.g. read-only, learn-only, full-access, etc.), password, etc.
- Language - localization options such as: language to which the current collection is translated, SuperMemo interface language, strings used in translating the interface, etc.
- SuperMemo - other options such as: background image, interface font, etc.
- Mouse - interpretation of mouse behavior. For example, when components are edited or translated, etc.
- Leeches - options that help you eliminate wrongly formulated items from the learning process. If you choose Wizard, all ill-structured items will open a leech manager dialog that will help you choose optimum leech processing steps
The Learning tab in Options makes it also possible to define the daily limit on the number of repetitions and the number of hours past midnight you find yourself making repetitions (to make sure SuperMemo still interprets the new date as the yesterday of the learning process):
Global options of SuperMemo are stored in the file supermemo.ini
in the SuperMemo subfolder bin.
Options pertaining to the current collection are stored in the file collection.ini in the collection subfolder (named in the same way as the collection)