Help on the main menu provides the following options:
- Welcome - open the welcome page of help with 3-minute ABC instructions for using SuperMemo
- Guide - open the step-by-step guide with about 30 most important steps towards understanding SuperMemo
- Contents (F1) - open the help file starting with the page most relevant to the current context or, if no context has been defined, starting with the table of contents. For example, if you are in the contents window, pressing F1 will open the contents window page
- (franchisee version only) [Translated Help] (F2) - this option appears only in SuperMemo supplied with help files in languages other than English (i.e. when the reseller from Help : Support : Address : Reseller provides such a file in the reseller's language)
- FAQ - open the help file starting with the most frequently asked questions about SuperMemo
- Hints and tips - open the help file starting with the most useful hints and tips
- Send your feedback - fill out and e-mail to us your user questionnaire. This way you can bank on better support and better SuperMemo software in the future
- On-line help - open the help file directly from the SuperMemo Website. You can use this option if you cannot find what you are looking for and hope that the updated version of help will be of better assistance
- Question of the Day - equivalent of the tip of the day in other programs. In SuperMemo, tips are formulated as simple questions-and-answers. If you decide to introduce some tips into the learning process, just click the button Remember in the Question of the Day dialog box. If you think a tip is not worth knowing, click Delete. Note that tips in SuperMemo are a mini-metaphor of the SuperMemo paradigm!
- Support - receive support via the Internet
(read more: Technical support)
- SuperMemo website - connect to selected sections of SuperMemo Website: FAQ, News, SuperMemo Library, etc.
- Send E-mail - send e-mail to Technical support, SuperMemo Library, etc.
- About - dialog box with release date and the version data (if you downloaded SuperMemo from a franchising website, you will also find here the address of your local distributor and information about technical support in your native language; click the underlined reseller's name)
If the help file smhelp.chm is not present in the bin subfolder, SuperMemo will attempt to open the up-to-date help material available from SuperMemo Website. If the file is present and SuperMemo still attempts to connect, choose Tools : Options : SuperMemo : Help system : Microsoft Help (CHM) (the default option Optimize will attempt to connect you to update help as soon as CHM file becomes outdated)
Important! You can always use the compiled contents of SuperMemo Website to update your help file. For that purpose do the following: