Apart from recent comments (below), see also archive and cross-platform sections:
- User comments (compiled: November 1999)
- SuperMemo for Palm Pilot user comments (compiled: May 2000)
- Journalists and reviewers (1992-1994)
- Users in Poland (1992-1996)
- Other comments (1991-1994)
- Guestbook (unedited user comments)
USER COMMENTS (compiled: November 1999)
Doug Dicharry [firstname.lastname@example.org], USA, Apr 4, 1999 -Your program is WONDERFUL. It is just what I have been looking for, and I feel very fortunate to have come across it on an Internet search on "memory." Thanks to you and your staff for all the hard work. I look forward to hearing about new developments with SuperMemo
Marc R. [Mrstuik22@aol.com], USA, Mar 18, 1999 - SuperMemo has been an absolute God-send. I can't tell you how much I utilize and rely on this program. I can't begin to adequately express my gratitude. Thank you! [...] I recommend this program to all my students. As a matter of fact I recommend this program to anyone who will listen [...] I think this program is nothing short of miraculous and I am eternally grateful
Jake White [email@example.com], USA, May 13, 1997 - I recently discovered your product, SuperMemo. What an incredible program! [...] I have found Super Memo to be a quantum leap over other flashcard programs available (and I have tried/bought a lot of them). I [...] applaud you for creating a program which contributes so mightily to the good of all of us
Clark Hamilton [firstname.lastname@example.org], contractor at Microsoft, USA, Jul 29, 1999 - I was learning most of the complex programming topics by reading and committing information to memory using SuperMemo [...] Thanks for a great tool that has served me well by greatly accelerating my career advancement
Jim Ivy [Jim_Ivy@Dell.com], USA, Nov 1, 1999 - I really like the automatic cloze creation in your new version. It should save me a significant amount of time [...] I keep telling everyone about SuperMemo - if I did not own a computer, I would buy one just to use SuperMemo!! [...] Each day as soon as I boot my system, SuperMemo is there to drill and refresh me on the things I need to know to grow and progress in my job [...] SuperMemo is the most effective learning tool that I have found [...] Thank you for the difference you have made
Mark Forster [MarkF1000@aol.com], UK, Apr 26, 1998 - Thanks for a really great product... I love SuperMemo!
Nihat Ozer [Ozern@aol.com], USA, Mar 24, 1999 - Last year, I used SuperMemo. previous version, I do not remember which one, God, it was excellent, I memorized 100 words in just half an hour. It was such a cool thing. Congratulations for developing such an "awesome" thing for us students
Sheila OShea, SOS Tutoring Sheila OShea, SOS Tutoring [YObuck285@aol.com], USA, Jul 15, 1999 - I have a student who has working memory problems and related anxiety (these two have a forward and backward cause and effect relationship). He has started using SuperMemo and has become confident about his learning for the first time... It was exciting for me to see him conquer his fears! Thanks for that!!
Sean Mcaree [K966513@kingston.ac.uk], UK, Mar 19, 1999 - Thanks for the excellent service you provide [...] I am spreading the word about SuperMemo 98 and my friends are interested in its application as a study tool. [...] Many thanks again. SuperMemo 98 is a winner!
KWOK SUI WO PAUL [email@example.com], Hong Kong, China, Mar 3, 1999 - After using the software a week, I like to show my deep appreciation on its performance and especially, I can input Chinese character for my own database, that means, Chinese people can use this software directly for practice. I believe, if this software can be introducted into China, it would be a huge market!!! Keep me informed if there is any further improvement
Grzegorz D., Poland, May 1, 1999 - SuperMemo is the best software in the world!
SAID H. Y., Switzerland, Feb 18, 1999 - I have been using SuperMemo for the last several months and really I have felt big difference especially when it comes to self-confidence. Before the era of SuperMemo, I was almost always afraid whether I will loose or forget my knowledge or not. Now it's over
Carl Johnson [DZineBasic@aol.com], USA, Jul 5, 1999 - I used SuperMemo during my C++ programming class at Front Range Community College. Yes, I received an A in the class and consider "SuperMemo" to be a valuable tool towards my degree in Computer Science
Ian Stewart Cairns [firstname.lastname@example.org], Virgin Net, USA, May 18, 1999 - You really are the most helpful people (it's a refreshing sight for a jaded cynic like me)... I look forward to the next release of SM98 with relish. Keep up the excellent work!Edward D. K., programmer, USA, May 14, 1999 - I was writing a program to do what SuperMemo does when I found it on the WEB. WOW Great software David K. H., Peking University, Beijing, China, Aug 9, 1999 - It is absolutely fantastic to be able to have the computer keep track of what needs review and what doesn't. I have tried regular flash-cards and have always met with less than dazzling success Arun S., USA, May 15, 1999 - I was more than delighted to see a complete professional software in the market and also which validated my guess that this is a revolutionary approach to learning. Keep up the good work Jerzy C., Wprost, Poland, Jul 25, 1999 - I am a happy user of SuperMemo 8. This program is a revelation. I have used versions 7.0 before and struggled with two languages at the university [Original text: Jestem juz szczesliwym posiadaczem SM8. Program ten to dla mnie objawienie - posiadalem wczesniej wersje 7.0 - przewalczylem z nia 2 jezyki na studiach]
Bogdan Jerzy Kowalewski [email@example.com], Poland, Apr 26, 1999 - Today morning I bought the first issue of Easy English in a newsstand. Congratulations! This is a great event on the language learning market. Your company has set up a new standard in this field [Original text: Dzisiaj rano dostalem w kiosku Pierwszy Nr Multimedialnego Easy English. Gratuluje, to jest moim zdaniem wielkie wydarzenie na rynku wydawnictw lingwistycznych. Wyznaczyli Panstwo nowy standard w tej dziedzinie]Marcin Mazurek, Multinet, Poland, Apr 23, 1999 - I have learned a lot [with SuperMemo]. It saved me from failing the French class :) [Original text: sporo sie dzieki niemu nauczylem:) uratowal mnie przed 2 z francuskiego:)] Jiri, Czech Republic, Mar 13, 1999 - I use SuperMemo everyday and must say that my knowledge of English has been substantially improved thanks to the program. I don't want to make it sound bad but I do admit that the item from Culture/Grammar "SuperMemo is addictive like a drug" holds for me 100%
Marjolein Hoekstra [firstname.lastname@example.org], the Netherlands, May 12, 1999 - I am very impressed with SuperMemo and everything related to it [...] Keep up the good workZoran Maksimovic [zmaksim@InfoSky.Net], Serbia, Feb 9, 1999 - I've received Advanced English today (08.02.1999.). My first impresion is "Excellent" Othello D. C., Philippines, Apr 17, 1998 - Your software is really, really, really great Antonio P., Italy, Mar 10, 1998 - This program is exceptional!
Vidar Garlie [email@example.com], Norway, Sep 9, 1999, I just want to say that I am very pleased with the program
Christian stensen [firstname.lastname@example.org], USA, Sep 22, 1999 - I'm very satisfied with SuperMemo and the service you're giving
Troy S., USA,Sep 29, 1998 - I found myself learning alot more of how SuperMemo works and I want to Thank you for that. I believe learning tools like yours is the future in Computer applications today
Jerry M., USA, May 26, 1999 - I'm happily using SuperMemo 98 however my credit card account was never charged for this software which I bought in December 1998. Let me know if you need me to do more [the customer qualified for a free upgrade which was noticed when processing his order]
Journalists and reviewers (1992-1994)
- IT REALLY WORKS. After a month, half an hour a day, my head was packed with a whole spectrum of words and phrases, which I would never suspect myself of being able to memorize. Andrzej Horodenski, Computer World, Poland, June 8, 1992, in the article "SuperMemo - a brain cell developer"
- For a few months, I have experimented with vocabulary of one of artificial languages (...) and the success of my work [with SuperMemo] is evident. Both the vocabulary and time used go beyond all standards (...). It really works! Pawel Wimmer, Enter, Poland, Oct. 1992, in the article "Praising SuperMemo"
- After a month of learning [with Advanced English] (...) newly acquired knowledge started showing up in communication with English speakers. (...) SuperMemo at worst is 90% effective [in knowledge retention]. It's hard to believe, but this is a fact. Tomas Baranek, Cena/Vykon, Czech Republic, Mar 1994, in the article "SuperMemo 7.0 - everybody can do it"
- The use of SuperMemo is so simple that it seems impossible it could really work. You change your opinion after a month when you feel the results. Wojciech Gryciuk, Computer World, Poland, Sep. 27, 1993, in the article "SuperMemo 7 for Windows"
- The authors do not exaggerate claiming that SuperMemo accelerates the speed of learning from 10 to 50 times as compared with conventional methods, Maciej Br0mba Pietras, Bajtek, Poland, Jan 1993, in the article "SuperMemo: Learn fast and forget about forgetting"
- I installed the program on a computer in the editorial office, and, from time to time, rushed my brain cells. The results, despite my irregularity, were sensational, Adam Chabinski, Chip, Poland, July 1994, in the article "SuperMemo 7.2 for Windows"
- On the market we have a program that accelerates learning from 10 to 50 times. The authors do not lie. SuperMemo is a true sensation (...) After a half-year work with the program I have no doubt: it really works. Piotr Plociennik, Gazeta Wyborcza, Poland, Oct. 18, 1993, in the article "Fast learning"
- The material which I had tried to master in pain for a longer time the traditional way, I learned thanks to SuperMemo (and a dose of persistence) in a much shorter period of time, and what is also important, with pleasure. One thing is sure, I am a faithful advocate of SuperMemo (more and more), and can recommend it to everybody. Dorota Partycka, Swiat PC-tow, Poland, July 1993, in the article "SuperMemo 6"
- SuperMemo for Amiga is a very good piece of software worth recommending to everybody who wants to learn fast and effectively ... The algorithm is based on one of the best methods of learning. Marek Pampuch, Magazyn Amiga, Poland, Sep 1993, in the article "SuperMemo"
Users in Poland (1992-1996)
- SuperMemo is the best program for learning (...) I cannot imagine a computer without SuperMemo. Henryk Szumielski, Elblag, Poland, Sep 4, 1996
- "In June I have noticed a review of a computer program SuperMemo. (...) I bought this program and used it to learn English. After a month I can say that this program is excellent, and can be used to learn any subject, not only foreign languages." Bogdan Kowalewski, Warszawa, Poland, Aug. 15, 1992, in a letter to the president of ESKK school of languages
- "This program is splendid. Wholehearted congratulations. With impatience I wait for upgrades, esp. SuperMemo for Windows." Janusz Dyczek, Krakow, Poland, July 1, 1992
- "I will use SuperMemo till the last day of my life, and I will try to convince everybody that SuperMemo can change his life", Maciej Butrymowicz, Primo Loco, Poland, Nov 5, 1992
- "Congratulations on creating the genius and sensational SuperMemo. I am aware that after many awards your masterpiece has collected, I can only join the common voice of praise and admiration" Ryszard Maczynski, Warszawa, 1994
- "Thank you very much for SuperMemo. This program not only makes learning easy; it gives me an extra incentive for work", Maria Janiak, Aleksandrow, Poland, Oct. 30, 1992
- "SuperMemo gives me more than all my courses of English taken together", Artur Nowak, Bedzin, Poland, Dec. 3, 1993
- "I love this program! This is my best program I've got! Thank you", Piotr Wierzejewski, Poznan, Poland, Aug. 17, 1993
- "My interest in your program comes from the fact that my colleague (...) worked on examination material with SuperMemo. I was extremely surprised to discover that he passed the exam in English top in our school!", Krzysztof Binkowski, Olsztyn, Poland, Aug. 6, 1994
- "I have received my TOEFL score and it is 617!!! It wouldn't have happened without your brilliant idea. Thanks a bunch", Przemyslaw Szaruga, Lodz, Poland, Feb 10, 1994
- "Cramming for exams, I dreamt about software that would test only the material I had problems with ... SuperMemo made my dream come true", Bogdan Kandybowicz, Gdansk-Oliwa, Poland, Sep 1, 1994
- "Being 50 years old, for the first time in my life, I became truly systematic with my work [in repetitions with SuperMemo]", Stanislaw Jachimek, Ruda Slaska, Poland, Aug. 1993
- "Reading press reviews of SuperMemo, one might think they are exaggerated. However, it is not so. It really works. At last, my computer is used to its best capability. Congratulations.", Pawel Lukasiewicz, Bydgoszcz, Poland, Oct. 1995
- "This year I passed my final exams. No exaggeration, I passed it thanks to you [SuperMemo World]. (...) The system [SuperMemo 7] appeared to be a stroke of genius. Thanks to SuperMemo, I gained lots of time others wasted on unnecessary repetitions (...). I got A and was released from further examinations. (...) I am not boasting. I just state the facts and the praise goes to the method [SuperMemo] and to your program! ", Lukasz Lubbe, Gniezno, Poland, July 20, 1996
Other comments (1991-1994)
- I would like to congratulate you [Dr.Gorzelanczyk] and Piotr Wozniak on the success of your findings, which are now available as SuperMemo. Margaret Jean Intons-Peterson, Editor, Memory & Cognition, USA, Feb. 12, 1992, in a letter to Dr Gorzelanczyk, Medical Academy of Poznan
- Congratulations! Your software is among the finalists in the SOFTWARE FOR EUROPE Awards Competition. Our jury has decided that your software is among the finest programs in your home country. Ralph Peter Rauchfuss, IDG Communications Verlag AG, Germany, Nov 14, 1991, in a letter to SuperMemo World
- One of the sensations of CeBIT'92 was Polish educational software SuperMemo, in which the excellent idea was backed up by firm skills in software engineering. Andrzej Horodenski, Poznanski Magazyn Targowy, Poland, May 1993, in the article "Europe ... not so much Eastern"
- Among the winners [of the Gold Medal at Infosystem'94], probably the best known Polish computer export product - SuperMemo (...) based on the modern method of learning (...). The authors of the program, which was created several years ago, continue improving the product, Gazeta Poznanska, May 20, 1993, in the article "Gold at Infosystem"
- A domain on which technology can have a significant impact is education. It is one of the few fields, in which Polish programmers have contributed their share. I have in mind the authors of SuperMemo. Janusz Kotarski, Computer World, Poland, Jan 25, 1993, in the article "Quo Vadis informatica?"
- The package of Poznan programmers [SuperMemo] is one of our export specialties and is becoming a world success. Pawel Wimmer, PC Kurier, Poland, Sep 30, 1993, in the article "SUPER SuperMemo"
- SuperMemo (...) is a philosophy, maybe even a religion, in which the subject of worship is the unlimited knowledge. Jacek Grabowski, PC Kurier, Poland, Aug. 20, 1992, in an article "Forget about forgetting"
- I am very pleased with your product SuperMemo, which I have been using for some months now to learn Japanese. It is indeed possible to learn up to 3000 words per month. Which I admit was very surprising, Danny Browne, Future Fine Arts Ltd, Scotland, Aug. 23, 1994
- The idea [of SuperMemo] is fabulous, Winter Laite, Albuquerque, USA, Aug. 7, 1993
- Great product, Hamish MacEwan, Information Technology & Systems, New Zealand, July 20, 1993