You have to choose middle or professional level to see the full main menu (the beginner and basic levels will only display the File and Help menus). Depending on the setting of Window : Dock, the menu will appear on the toolbar dock or at the top of the element window. The following submenus can be found on the main menu of SuperMemo:
- File submenu contains options for managing files of a SuperMemo collection. For example: creating a new collection, deleting a collection, recovering from a collection damage, etc. It also makes it possible to choose between Basic, Beginner, Middle, and Professional levels
- Edit submenu contains editing options such as: add element, delete element, edit element, etc.
- Search submenu makes it possible to search for texts, files, elements, pictures, etc.
- Learn submenu contains options for learning such as learning stages, repetition sorting, postpone tools, random learning, etc.
- View submenu makes it possible to view subsets of elements in element browsers (e.g. memorized elements, difficult elements, outstanding elements, priority queue, etc.)
- Tools submenu contains various tools such as Options, calendar of repetitions, repetition rescheduling tools, statistical tools, repetition timeline, Plan, Tasklist manager, etc.
- Window submenu makes it possible to conveniently arrange windows on the SuperMemo desktop, choose between previously saved layouts, arrange toolbars, etc.
- Help submenu contains options that can be useful to learn more about SuperMemo: this help, Question of the Day, links to SuperMemo's Website, etc.